BrandStorytelling 2024 will showcase the best in brand-funded content, featuring entries in categories such as feature, short, episodic, and podcasts.
We hope to highlight the best projects in the last year, which are representative of high-quality production and storytelling that is resulting from brands partnering with talented artists, directors, writers, and producers. Brands are excelling in their focus on entertaining, informing, and inspiring audiences with compelling stories.
Submission Criteria, Rules, & FAQ
What are the submission criteria for BrandStorytelling 2024?
Submission criteria is as follows:
- Narrative and/or non-scripted films, series, and podcasts funded by a brand or brands will be considered.
- Submissions must be funded by a brand.
- Films can be any length and must belong to one of three categories: Feature, Short, or Series.
- Podcasts can be any length.
- Each project must be individually submitted and accompanied by its own completed online entry form; please do not send links to multiple projects in your online entry form, as any or all of them may be disqualified.
- For series and podcast entries, a single episode of your series/podcast will be considered for selection. While you may submit multiple episodes for consideration, each episode must be individually submitted, as only one will be featured as part of the BrandStorytelling program.
- Traditional commercial advertisements will not be accepted.
- Submitted projects must not have had ANY public screening, broadcast, distribution, or exhibition before January 1, 2022.
- Final screening file and assets must be delivered no later than December 15, 2023, to remain an 'Official Selection'.
What are the Submission Deadlines and Fees?
The following deadlines are the dates by which we must receive a completed application for your project via the BrandStorytelling 2024 Submission Form, including a link to view (or listen to) your project. All submissions are handled identically, regardless of when you submit your film within the submission window. Films attempted to be submitted after September 29, 2023, will not be accepted, no exceptions.
Submissions Open: 8/1/2023 12:00 AM EST
Tier One Closes: 8/31/2023 11:59 PM EST
Tier One Fee - $150.00
Tier Two Opens: 9/1/2023 12:00 AM EST
Tier Two Fee - $300.00
Submission Window Closes 9/29/2023 11:59 PM EST
What are the submission categories and how do I choose the right one for my project?
Visual content must belong to one of 3 categories: Feature, Short, or Series. Traditional 15, 30, and 60 second spots will not be considered for selections. You should select your submission category based on what the final projected running time of the film will be, including credits.
Before you begin your submission, determine which one of the four categories your content belongs to and label it appropriately when submitted:
Feature: 45+ minute standalone feature length film
Short: Less than 45 minute standalone short film
Series: A single episode from a series, typically less than 40 minutes
Podcast: As single episode from a podcast
How old can my project be and still qualify for submission?
All projects submitted for this event's consideration must not have had ANY public screening, broadcast, distribution, or exhibition before January 1, 2022. If your project was exhibited prior to January 1st, 2022, it is no longer eligible for submission. If your project’s production took place prior to 2022 but was not exhibited until after January 1st, 2022, it is still eligible for submission. Work previously submitted to BrandStorytelling 2023 will not be accepted.
May I submit my project as a rough cut?
While unfinished versions with incomplete or temporary sound, missing scenes, no credits, or titles, unfinished VFX, etc. are acceptable at the submission stage, please consider that the project does need to be complete enough for the committee to decide on its inclusion. Where applicable, please provide an on-screen description of missing scenes or elements as placeholders within the continuity of the film. You should also list other general elements that are missing or incomplete on a title card before the project begins. If your film is selected, you must submit a completed version by December 15, 2023. If your completed version is not in hand by then, it will no longer be included in the theater screenings.
Is my project eligible if it has aired on television or digital/streaming services?
Yes, your project is still eligible if it has been screened elsewhere, so long as was not exhibited prior to January 1st, 2022.
What format do you accept submissions in?
Please only submit links to a viewable version of your film, preferably hosted on YouTube or Vimeo. If your film is selected for screening in the theater, a final screening file must be delivered no later than December 15, 2023.
How do I submit my project?
Please complete payment on the BrandStorytelling 2024 submissions page. Once your payment is completed, you will be redirected to the submission form. Please fill out the form and submit your project immediately after payment.
NOTE: You MUST adhere to submission deadlines or your submission will be disqualified.
Submission Window Closes 9/29/2023 11:59 PM EST
The submission window is now closed.